Saturday 8 December 2007

Layout update

No major updates but I've assembled my coal stage loading chute thing from the ratio kit. Mostly very high quality mouldings but some parts were way too thin and relied on a lot of creative use of clamps to hold together edges... not quite as well thought out as the last kit I built (the kibri church). In particular the ladder was way to thin and snapped when I was trimming sprue so mine has a shorter upright ladder rather than the conventional angled ladder specified in the kit. I also replaced the handrails on the ladder with Nbrassloco handrail wire as it's straight and stiff (for some reason Ratio seem to think it's a good idea to supply handrail wire as a coil of fairly soft stuff in a tiny packet in the instructions... bizarre as the box is more than big enough to fit straight lengths of decent stuff). Anyhow, the Mrs wants me to have it painted black as per everything else in our apartment (grown up goths) but I'm not sure what would be best... suggestions welcome as ever.

Pics of assembled (minorly kitbashed) coal loader...

Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com

Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com

No comments: